BREAKING NEWS: Nick Diaz Signs 3 Fight Deal with UFC, Wants Anderson Silva Next

nickdiaz

The Stockton bad boy is back.

Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion and UFC Welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz has come out of self-imposed retirement and has signed a new three fight deal with the UFC.  UFC.com reported the news Thursday night.

UFC.com also reported that Diaz hopes to be back inside the Octagon early next year with one opponent in particular.

“I’d be interesting in fighting (Anderson Silva) and anything that’s going to do well,” Diaz said in the UFC.com article. “As far as Anderson Silva, I think that would be a great fight for people to see because he has my type of style.”

Silva has yet to return to action since suffering a horrific leg injury at the hands of UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman at UFC 168 in December. Recently the former champion has started sparring again and is looking for an early 2015 return as well.

Both Silva and DIaz have expressed interest in fighting each other in the past, and more recently UFC President Dana White also showed he would possibly be on board when asked about the fight at a recent fan Q & A.

“I think that’s a very interesting fight,” White said. “Anderson wants Nick. Nick wants to fight Anderson. Why would I say no?”

Tiny URL for this post:
 

Comments

comments

3 Comments

  1. Hah!
    I saw he signed up, but didn’t know he was asking for Silva…
    Makes my post on that article look good 🙂

    …need to make a disclaimer: I was not aware he asked for Silva. I just knew SIlva spoke about this in the past, and I thought it made sense to find him a striker on his return fight….

  2. Nick’s been asking for Anderson since last year, AT LEAST. I still don’t think it happens.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*